Friday, June 22, 2012

The Gay Parents Study

I?ll conclude this entry?by covering territory I think we agree upon, Will. The results of the study certainly seem to challenge the popular narrative I call ??Romantic Individualism,?? the set of cultural scripts that appear to guide the manner in which very many adults?young or old, gay or straight, white or black, religious or irreligious, liberal or conservative?tend to construct, evaluate, and regularly deconstruct their most intimate relationships, including ones that involve children. We do need to do better. I have a friend in Los Angeles who regularly appears on national media as a relationship consultant. A divorced mother of one, she is nevertheless reticent to recouple. When her friends ask why she postpones her own quest for relational fulfillment, she replies, ?My child?s happiness is my happiness.? More of us would do well to take that to heart.

brown recluse front door alyssa bustamante protandim weightless ellen degeneres jcpenney yeardley love

No comments:

Post a Comment