Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's All Treats at Sesame Place | Musings on Motherhood and Mid-Life

Here is a guest post by Darla DeMorrow on Sesame Place. Request your free 31 Simple Tips for Organizing Space, Time, Paper and Information and check out her blog at HeartWork Organizing.

?Also, check out Musings on Motherhood and Midlife?s report on a trip to Sesame Place and other cool locations in my post Seeking Salvation on a Short Vacation.

Spooktacular Cookie Monster and I are tight, and I have the picture to prove it. He took a moment with me at the?Sesame Place Spooktacular. We?ve been going to Sesame Place theme park, which sits just north of Philadelphia, for a couple of summers with our two little girls.

My little people really enjoyed the rides, the shows, the activities, of course the trick or treating, and chance to hang with their muppet friends one more time this season. I really appreciated that I didn?t have to shield them from any scary tricks, or worry that I?d have to explain something inappropriate. Who can argue with one more chance to wear Halloween costumes? It really was a special way to kick off fall this year.

My own mid-life motherhood includes a minimum of TVs and movies for my kids, but that doesn?t stop my kids from having a love affair with Elmo and Cookie Monster, which we?re lucky enough to mostly fuel by real interaction with them at Sesame Place, bolstered by the books we read at home. Sesame Street is all about sneaky learning. Everything at the park, the decorations (pumpkins carved with numbers), the Count von Count?s UnHaunted Castle, and especially the Sunny Day parade, which is all a counting and alphabet rock extravaganza, is geared to kids but still fun for adults. It?s almost impossible not to smile when Elmo makes an appearance in the Thriller takeoff during one of the shows.

My kids are three and five, but a friend?s ten year-old said that he still enjoys coming, especially during the summer when the water park is open. We really think this park, such an easy drive for most of the eastern PA and New Jersey region, is a hidden gem in the Northeast. If you were thinking of going to the Sesame Place Spooktacular, or to the very Furry Christmas?event in November and December, book your tickets before it?s too late, bwahahahaha. Along with a great day with the family, treats and even new toothbrushes for the girls (They pestered me to get them out the next morning. Cool!), I also came away with some very specific Halloween decorating ideas. Read about how I?m planning on using all of the cute decorating ideas I saw here to freshen up our Halloween d?cor.

Darla DeMorrow is a Wayne, PA mom, certified professional organizer, business owner and author of The Pregnant Entrepreneur.

Source: http://musingsonmotherhoodmidlife.com/2012/10/13/its-all-treats-at-sesame-place/

Gary Collins Arlen Specter BCS Rankings 2012 paul ryan joe biden washington nationals yankees

No comments:

Post a Comment